Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2009/12/11 18:51:48 UTC

Re: google app engine

I was thinking about Google App Engine and then I remembered this
thread and wanted to bump it up for discussion.

What does everyone think about changing all references from
InetAddress to a String?  There are 181 places in code this is
referenced, so its not a trivial change  (but not difficult), and
would break some backwards-compatibility, but it would make us GAE
compatible (as far as I can tell, this is the only think in the way of
being GAE compatible).

It is interesting that the ServletRequest API does not use the
InetAddress class either, but also just uses Strings.

Thoughts?

- Les

Re: google app engine

Posted by Vijay Kumar <vi...@rackspace.com>.
+ 1  for GAE compatibility
Vijay

On 12/17/09 2:28 PM, "Tauren Mills" <ta...@groovee.com> wrote:

I would love to have GAE compatibility and won't cry over the loss, I say go for it!

Tauren

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Jeremy Haile <jh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I love that idea!  Using InetAddress is mostly just an annoyance I think!

<ka...@gmail.com>  wrote:

[...]

at abuse@rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.

Re: google app engine

Re: google app engine

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
I committed a fix for this issue in trunk.  java.util.InetAddress is
not referenced anywhere in the source now.  Could one of our GAE users
try out the latest build in a GAE deployment and let us know how it
goes?

Thanks,

Les

Re: google app engine