Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Jonas �berg <jo...@coyote.org> on 1997/08/15 21:10:01 UTC

mod_cgi/999: When executing a specific cgi-script a second time, the server experiences an internal error.

>Number:         999
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       When executing a specific cgi-script a second time, the server experiences an internal error.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I have a small CGI-program that does nothing more then display the user with a dialog box and upon receiving information places that information in a file (appended) and then displays the dialog box again. When executed, the script displays the box a first time but when submiting information (via POST), the server experiences an internal error, thus returning an errormessage. If I start httpd on a virtual terminal, I can see on stderr that the server outputs "Ouch!  malloc failed in malloc_block()". Other cgi-scripts works perfectly well.
Unless I have fixed it, the script is on http://poledra.coyote.org:8080/mush/send.cgi and expects a variable as a command-line argument, thus: <URL:http://poledra.coyote.org:8080/mush/send.cgi?2>.