Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mahesh Rathi <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/29 15:23:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Porting of plugin from apache 2.0.x to 2.2

Hello,

I have successfully ported a C plugin from Apache 1.3 to Apache
2.0.52. But, as per available literature on apache and other
various sites, plugin from 2.0.x does not work on 2.2 .. Can ne1
tell me if this is vast difference (as from 1.3 to 2.0.x).

thanks and regards,
Mahesh

Re: [users@httpd] Porting of plugin from apache 2.0.x to 2.2

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/29/06, Mahesh Rathi <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have successfully ported a C plugin from Apache 1.3 to Apache
> 2.0.52. But, as per available literature on apache and other
> various sites, plugin from 2.0.x does not work on 2.2 .. Can ne1
> tell me if this is vast difference (as from 1.3 to 2.0.x).

The 2.2 API is, in general, source-compatible with the 2.0 API.  So
you should only need to recompile the module to work with 2.2.  (This
is not, however, 100%.  You may find that some small changes need to
be made, especially if you are using deprecated parts of the API.)

Joshua.