Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by brian <br...@westpole.com> on 2004/06/01 17:57:42 UTC

VelocityLayoutServlet

Hello,

       I am attempting to render a velocity page in websphere.  I am
able to view the page by loading the VelocityViewServlet but I need to
include the layout which requires the VelocityLayoutServlet.  It doesn't
seem to be in any jar file that I have retrieved from the cvs modules
pertaining to velocity.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Brian A

Re: VelocityLayoutServlet

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
brian said:
> I am trying to display a velocity template using the
> VelocityLayoutServlet. When I try to access the page in the browser, the
> default layout template displays but it shows the actual velocity
> tags(code) in the page such as $page.setTitle and
> $navigation.setTemplate.  Is there another class I need to load in the
> web.xml in order to read these tags?

$page and $navigation are default Turbine tools.  they are not part of
Velocity or VelocityTools.  for doing navigation and page title stuff with the
VelocityLayoutServlet, read:

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/view/layoutservlet.html

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com

RE: VelocityLayoutServlet

> include the layout which requires the VelocityLayoutServlet.
> It doesn't
> seem to be in any jar file that I have retrieved from the cvs modules
> pertaining to velocity.  Can anyone help me out?

Should be quick and easy, VelocityViewServlet and VelocityLayoutServlet
are
both in the VelocityTools jar :-)

Assuming you already have this jar, then to swap, just need to modify
your
web.xml file as per the instructions here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/tools/view/layoutservlet.html

Cheers,
Timo

RE: VelocityLayoutServlet