Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/11/01 18:22:06 UTC

RE: RE : [auth-fw] NPE in Application Manager

Laurent Trillaud wrote:

> It wasn't a so bad day because it works.  :-)  Thanks a lot.
You're welcome.

> But if, in the application, the pipeline associated to the load is
> started automatically at login, at logout the pipeline associated to the
> save isn't triggered.
Yes, currently. I'm +1 for adding this feature, but there is of course the
potential that the user never logs out and simply leaves the site (by
closing the browser).

> I guess that we need a loop, in DefaultAuthenticationManager@logout,
> like this one:
> // And now save applications
> Iterator applications =
> handler.getHandlerConfiguration().getApplications().values().iterator();
> while ( applications.hasNext() ) {
>    ApplicationConfiguration appHandler =
>      (ApplicationConfiguration)applications.next();
>    if ( !appHandler.getLoadOnDemand() ) {
>       handler.getContext().saveApplicationXML( appHandler, this.resolver
> );
>    }
> }
> But I don't know exactly where and if it's enough.

I think - not only to be compatible - we should make this configurable,
which means, like the loadOnDemand you can specify a "saveOnLogout"
attribute and then the application is saved on logout.

What do you think?

Carsten

RE : [auth-fw] NPE in Application Manager

Posted by Laurent Trillaud <lt...@jouve.fr>.
> > But if, in the application, the pipeline associated to the load is
> > started automatically at login, at logout the pipeline associated to
the
> > save isn't triggered.
> Yes, currently. I'm +1 for adding this feature, but there is of course
the
> potential that the user never logs out and simply leaves the site (by
> closing the browser).
>
> I think - not only to be compatible - we should make this
configurable,
> which means, like the loadOnDemand you can specify a "saveOnLogout"
> attribute and then the application is saved on logout.
>
> What do you think?

Yes of course I'm +1. It's much much better, but ... I'm not sure to be
able to do it by myself, because I'm still fighting with the auth-fw
that isn't a piece of cake for me.
And I guess that I found another bug: applications declare in an handler
can generate multiple xml roots.
To reproduce this issue, go inside the authentication-fw example add an
application
<authentication-manager>
   <handler name="demohandler">
      <redirect-to ...
      <authentication ...
      <applications>
         <application name="MyApp">
            <load uri="cocoon:raw:load-myApp"/>
         </application>
      <applications>
   </handler>
</authentication-mabager>

The protected page that came after the login shows 2 roots
<authentication> and <application> instead of
/authentication/applications
I run it under the debugger but I haven't found what is wrong!
Laurent Trillaud