Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by edd! <me...@eddi.me> on 2020/05/09 21:25:29 UTC

stats_over_http.so is causing a loop

Hi,

On ATS 8.0.7 stats_over_http.so is causing a loop; here's the config:
plugin.config: stats_over_http.so statz
remap.config: map http://10.0.34.1:80/statz http://{cache}/statz
@action=allow @src_ip=10.10.10.10

As soon as I request the page I get countless errors in access.log
10.0.34.1 | ERR_CONNECT_FAIL | NONE | MISS | WL_MISS | 502 | 478 | GET |
http://10.0.34.1/favicon.ico | - | DIRECT/10.0.34.1 | text/html
10.0.34.1 | TCP_MISS | NONE | MISS | WL_MISS | 403 | 442 | GET |
http://10.0.34.1/statiztikz | - | DIRECT/10.0.34.1 | text/html

and in diags.log:
[ACCEPT 0:80] WARNING: too many connections, throttling.
 connection_type=ACCEPT, current_connections=30002,
net_connections_throttle=30000

Only restarting trafficserver stops this loop.

Thank you,
Eddi

Re: stats_over_http.so is causing a loop

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.
It is expected that ATS would loop, as the address you put in the browser
is where ATS will try to connect. If that's the ATS address, then it will
connect to itself and loop. With a correct configured stats_over_http, the
plugin prevents ATS from connecting outbound, preventing the loop. Instead
the plugin directly serves the response. Reading the documentation, it
looks to me that you should configure just the plugin and not have a remap
rule for it.

Posted by edd! <me...@eddi.me>.

Posted by Alan Carroll <so...@verizonmedia.com>.

Posted by edd! <me...@eddi.me>.