Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/07/13 12:08:05 UTC

Cocoon Gump descriptor is now in Gump's SVN

Hi,

after we've migrated Gump's metadata over to svn as well, there
shouldn't be any need to keep the Cocoon descriptor inside of the
cocoon tree.

I've just committed

,----
| Added:
|     gump/metadata/project/cocoon.xml
|       - copied unchanged from r216130, cocoon/trunk/gump.xml
`----

and with svn:externals of

gump.xml https::/svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/cocoon.xml

on the cocoon directory you'd have your local copy - and all of you
and all of us can change it.

Starting with the next Gump run, Gump will use the copy of its own.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Cocoon Gump descriptor is now in Gump's SVN

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>Oh, crap! SVN can't externalize a file, but only a directory!!!
>

> It can't?????  And I already thought that feature was overhyped, oh
> my.
>

>>what do we do now ?!?
>

> Move the cocoon descriptor into a subdirectory of metadata and do the
> same on the cocoon side, that's all I can come up with.  When svn
> supports internal symlinks, that will become another option.

there is another solution: virtualize the external with an ant <get> in
the cocoon build. Why didn't I think of that before?

I'll propose this on the cocoon mail list and report back once we have a
solution.

--
Stefano.

Re: Cocoon Gump descriptor is now in Gump's SVN

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>after we've migrated Gump's metadata over to svn as well, there
>>>shouldn't be any need to keep the Cocoon descriptor inside of the
>>>cocoon tree.
>>>
>>>I've just committed
>>>
>>>,----
>>>`----
>>>
>>>and with svn:externals of
>>>
>>>gump.xml https::/svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/cocoon.xml
>>>
>>>on the cocoon directory you'd have your local copy - and all of you
>>>and all of us can change it.
>>>
>>>Starting with the next Gump run, Gump will use the copy of its own.
>>

>>Finally!!!
>>
>>I'll make that happen.
>>
>>Stefan++!!
>

> Oh, crap! SVN can't externalize a file, but only a directory!!!
>
> what do we do now ?!?

Grant them all write access to the gump.xml file using
asf-authorization? I've tried locally giving access to a single file and
it works.

Regards, Upayavira

Re: Cocoon Gump descriptor is now in Gump's SVN

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.