Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Botelho, Mauro" <Ma...@turner.com> on 2004/09/29 20:36:04 UTC

[DBCP/Pools] JMX

What does the community think about adding JMX to Pools/DBCP? What would be the restrictions imposed?

I'm volunteering to implement it, but I would like to first know if the community would want such a thing and also if there are any restrictions like no new packages should be required, etc...

My first idea would be to expose data thru Standard MBeans. That requires the classes to implement <className>MBean interfaces. This is the least intrusive method. No new packages will be added.

Let me know what you think,

Mauro