Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by John Armstrong <si...@siberian.org> on 2008/12/30 01:51:34 UTC

pre-persist not firing

This is really basic but I am a bit sick and am just not finding my
answer (thats my excuse, sick..)

In my map I have this (generated via M5 Modeler):

	<obj-entity name="Company" className="com.printgate.model.Company"
dbEntityName="COMPANY">
		<obj-attribute name="companyid" type="java.lang.String"
db-attribute-path="COMPANYID"/>
		<obj-attribute name="isactive" type="boolean" db-attribute-path="ISACTIVE"/>
		<pre-persist method-name="generateCompanyID"/>
	</obj-entity>

In my com.printgate.model.Company object I have this method:

	public void generateCompanyID(){
		System.out.println("In generate");
	}

I call it like this :

	public BigTest(){
		context = DataContext.createDataContext();
		theCompany = (Company) context.newObject(com.printgate.model.Company.class);
		context.commitChanges();
	}

The object is created in the datastore but my pre-persist never fires.

This is M5. I also rolled back to M4 with the same problem so I am
sure its something obvious,

Thanks
John-