Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2009/01/22 18:37:33 UTC

Re: SOA and EDA

Hi,

Somethings I would like to do on OFBiz site main page :

Make clear ERP, CRM, SCM, MRP, CMMS and EAM abreviations in this sentence
<<The Apache Open For Business Project is an open source enterprise automation software project licensed under the Apache License
Version 2.0. By open source enterprise automation we mean: Open Source ERP, Open Source CRM, Open Source E-Business / E-Commerce,
Open Source SCM, Open Source MRP, Open Source CMMS/EAM, and so on.>>
Something like
<<The Apache Open For Business Project is an open source enterprise automation software project licensed under the Apache License
Version 2.0. By open source enterprise automation we mean: Open Source ERP (Enterprise Ressouces Planning), Open Source CRM
(Customer Relationship Management), Open Source E-Business / E-Commerce, Open Source SCM (Supply Chain Management), Open Source MRP
(Materials Requirements Planning), Open Source CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)/EAM (Enterprise Asset Management)
and so on.>>

I would also like to add a basic "How works OFBiz" section, before "Who is Using Apache OFBiz?" where concepts like SOA (Services
Oriented Architecture - I put an "s" explicity), EDA (Events Driven Architecture) and SOI (Services Oriented Integration) would be
explained with a sentence or two on how it's implemented in OFBiz (implementable for SOI). More and more people are turning to ESBs
and this should attract some interesting users...

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>

Re: SOA and EDA

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes I agree ! I will put my new idea on this page I should not have forgotten :/

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: SOA and EDA

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.