Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Li Liang <ll...@firstrain.com> on 2001/07/06 16:26:47 UTC

Xalan 2.2.0D6 has great performance gain!

Hi,

I've tried the 2.2D6 with my xml/xsl pair, here's the result:

2.1	22 Seconds
2.2 	4 Seconds

The xml is 13k, xsl has some "//foo/bar". This is HUGE gain. Is this
because of the usage of DTM? If it is, I really like to know some
benchmark numbers about it, and where can I find more details about this
implementation?

Just one thing strange, I have a custom XSLTAdaptor, which will traverse
a DOM tree and fire SAX events to Xalan, it worked perfectly with 2.0,
2.1, but 2.2 output nothing except the declaration "<? xml version=1.0
?>". Is this because some default behavior of Xalan is changed? I saw
some post about the namespace stuff. Any insight would be appreciated.

Keep the good work!

Li