Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Gal Nitzan <gn...@usa.net> on 2005/12/28 00:42:22 UTC

How can I set a search server over NDFS

Hi,

I have tried all available samples but was unsuccessful.

I am using the following command to start the server:

bin/nutch-daemon.sh start server 9003 crawl

I have setup a directory /hosts with the file search-servers.txt which
contains localhost 9003

but the tomcat client does not connect to my search server at all.

Any idea what am i doing wrong?

Gal

Re: How can I set a search server over NDFS - Revised

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
My this helps:
http://wiki.media-style.com/display/nutchDocu/setup+multiple+search
+sever
However this uses local file systems.
 From my point of view it makes no sense to use search server and
ndfs since you need to stream data to the search server from a
external datanode to later on stream data to the tomcat server again.
In general ndfs indexes are slow as I'm typing.
Anyway check that your search server is setuped to use ndfs and the
path is a *absolute* path in the ndfs.
If you run search server and tomcat on one box (what makes no sense,
only for testing) also verify that your search-server.txt is located
in the ndfs, since I guess tomcat and search server share it
configuration files.

HTH
Stefan

company:        http://www.media-style.com
forum:        http://www.text-mining.org
blog:            http://www.find23.net

How can I set a search server over NDFS - Revised

Posted by Gal Nitzan <gn...@usa.net>.

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.
Try to real dns name of the box or 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.
Any exception?

Stefan