Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Sam(Xu) Wang" <wa...@cs.utexas.edu> on 2000/09/28 06:18:56 UTC

tomcat nt-service

I wonder if anybody has run into this problem before :
when I deploy a lot of webapps and they are busy running, a "net stop
tomcat" gives "service could not be stopped." error after about 20
seconds although enventually tomcat.exe and java.exe go away after about
2 minutes.
I have made a little change to the jk_nt_service.c. In stop_tomcat(...), I
have set the WaitforSingleObject() timeout value to 120*1000 since I think
this way I can give more time for my webapp threads to finish up before
terminating tomcat.
I am not a windows guy, but I notice that there is no
ReportToSCHMgr() call in the stop_tomcat() subroutine. Could that be a
potential cause for the above problem?

Please help.
Sam Wang
Email : wangxu@cs.utexas.edu