Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan Peterson <rr...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/06 00:05:37 UTC

S2: Unexpected Exception

Hi guys,

I'm working with Dojo and Struts 2, and getting the following error when I
submit my form (It seems to be referring to a null input from the two single
quotes):

[2009-03-05 15:56:25,688] ERROR
com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor -
ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
'' on 'class com.myProject.actions.Search: Error setting expression '' with
value '[Ljava.lang.String;@1314e1e'

I've searched, and the closest advice I could find was this can be caused by
the getter/setter not being the same as the field in the JSP.  I've double
checked and everything is correct and there's no misc fields hiding anywhere
in the JSP.  Besides which, shouldn't it show which field is giving problems
in the "caught setting ' ' " part?  I have devMode turned on currently.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: S2: Unexpected Exception

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Ryan Peterson wrote:
> I'm working with Dojo and Struts 2, and getting the following error when I
> submit my form (It seems to be referring to a null input from the two single
> quotes):
>
> [2009-03-05 15:56:25,688] ERROR
> com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor -
> ParametersInterceptor - [setParameters]: Unexpected Exception caught setting
> '' on 'class com.myProject.actions.Search: Error setting expression '' with
> value '[Ljava.lang.String;@1314e1e'
>
> I've searched, and the closest advice I could find was this can be caused by
> the getter/setter not being the same as the field in the JSP.  I've double
> checked and everything is correct and there's no misc fields hiding anywhere
> in the JSP.  Besides which, shouldn't it show which field is giving problems
> in the "caught setting ' ' " part?  I have devMode turned on currently.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

Without the JSP, and possibly the configs, and definitely the S2
version, it'll be tough.

Dave