Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Davide Dozza <da...@flossconsulting.it> on 2014/08/25 11:53:27 UTC

AOO 4.1.1 DEB 64bit build seems old

Hi all,

I've just installed AOO 4.1.1 DEB 64 bit on my Ubuntu 14.04.

Looking at Help -> About I've found out something strange.

The splash screen reports:

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0
AOO411m6(Build:9775)  -  Rev. 1617669

while the Win version reports:

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1
AOO411m6(Build:9775)  -  Rev. 1617669
2014-08-13 09:06:54 (Mi, 13 Aug 2014)

revision seems the same but the name and the date seem uncorrect.

Just some typos or the version on Sourceforge is not correct?

Davide

Re: AOO 4.1.1 DEB 64bit build seems old

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Davide Dozza wrote:
> I tried this morning with two different Sourceforge downloads.
> Do you mean it's possible there are RCs still on some Sourceforge mirrors?

RCs are never uploaded to SourceForge. And anyway you have the final
version if the (very strange) About screen you posted is correct:

Apache OpenOffice 4.1.0                -> This line is outdated
AOO411m6(Build:9775)  -  Rev. 1617669  -> This line is OK (correct Rev.)

I have no idea of the root cause, I see everything OK on Linux (RPM):
first line says 4.1.1, third line says August 2014. But do you really
get the three lines as such or it's a copy/paste error?

The only strange thing about those builds is that there used to be two
sets of packages for desktop integration, but this should have been
fixed (i.e., the version you download should have only one set of
packages in the desktop integration folder). Moreover, desktop
integration should not interfere at all with the displayed version number.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: AOO 4.1.1 DEB 64bit build seems old

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Am 25.08.2014 um 13:10 schrieb Davide Dozza:

>> Try a fresh d/l of OO 4.1.1 DEB 64 bit and a reinstall. It is possible that you have one of the Release Candidates - on My Xubuntu 14.04 using latest DEB 64 the two About screens (Xubuntu and Windows) are identical.
>>

> I tried this morning with two different Sourceforge downloads.
> Do you mean it's possible there are RCs still on some Sourceforge mirrors?
>
> Davide

DEBs 64 bit are ok here

Regards

Mechtilde

Re: AOO 4.1.1 DEB 64bit build seems old

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 25/08/2014 Davide Dozza wrote:
> It's definitively a user profile problem.
> Using a different user with a clean profile everything is ok.
> Is't the case to open an issue?

So, if you rename .openoffice in the user's home to ".openoffice.broken"
and restart OpenOffice, the About screen is correct? And if you close
OpenOffice, swap the directories and restart OpenOffice the About screen
is broken again?

In that case, you should open an issue, post the link here and attach,
if possible, a ZIP file with the broken user profile (or even with the
files that differ between the broken and the correct profile).

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: AOO 4.1.1 DEB 64bit build seems old

Posted by Davide Dozza <da...@flossconsulting.it>.