Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/09/25 09:49:12 UTC

[IMP] Code Freeze and Release [was: [Vote] Releasing next version]

(If the subject rhymes it must be good...)

Ok, we have enough +1 and no -1, so I will release 2.1.2
on October, 1th.

This implies - as discussed - a code freeze starting on
monday morning. From that point on, only changes to the
docs and bug fixes are allowed to be checked in.
The code freeze ends with the the check-in of the start
of the next version (2.1.3-dev).

Everyone is invited to test the current cvs version and
to fix found bugs.

Thanks
Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107211/

Re: [IMP] Code Freeze and Release [was: [Vote] Releasing next version]

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> This implies - as discussed - a code freeze starting on
> monday morning. From that point on, only changes to the
> docs and bug fixes are allowed to be checked in.

... only AFTER discussion/notification on the dev list. (I'd add:
",existing patches in Bugzilla notwithstanding.", but I'm afraid some of
them are a bit aged, and would warrant some public review and discussion
before being applied during the freeze period. Something we'll all have
to decide at our own discretion.)

Let's try and make this a decent freeze period.

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org