Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2009/11/03 21:17:54 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1 - take 2

Just posted fresh artifacts:

http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.0B1/

Please cast your votes.

Thanks,
Andrus

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1 - take 2

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 9/11/09 7:24 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I assume Ari will do the announcements. (BTW, is the confluence
> autoexport template problem solved, as we'll need to update the
> release status in the site menu?).

Yes. It is updating again, although the problem with the wiki link still remains. I'll send an announcement as soon as I see your changes to the download page.

Ari

--

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Ok, the vote has been running for almost 6 days. Thanks everybody for
taking time to evaluate it for the second time. Here is the tally:

Andrus Adamchik +1
Tore Halset +1
Andrey Razumovsky +1
Aristedes Maniatis +1
Robert Zeigler +1
Michael Gentry +1
Malcolm Edgar +1
Kevin Menard +1

So the release is officially approved. I am going to post the
artifacts and update the download page.

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.
Dropped the binary into my projects and tried them out.
Looks good, for the most part.  I'm still getting the annoying
behavior of valid EJBQLQueries failing validation on project save, but
I wouldn't let that hold up the B1 release.

+1

Robert

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
Okay, here are my test results:

HSQLDB:

No failures.

MySQL (5.1.38):

Failed tests:
  testSnapshotEvictedAndObjectsHollowedForInvalidate(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextSharedCacheTest)

  This was the same test failure I was seeing with HSQLDB before
Andrey added the sleep patch.

PostgreSQL:

Failed tests:
  testSnapshotEvictedAndObjectsHollowedForInvalidate(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextSharedCacheTest)

  This was the same test failure I was seeing with HSQLDB before
Andrey added the sleep patch.

Derby:

Tests in error:
  testDifferentEntity(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)
  testExists(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)

Dropping the JAR into a couple of my apps seems fine, but I'd like to
work out this shared cache test failure for the 3.0 stable branch.

But, I'm +1 for the release.

--
Kevin

Posted by Ольга Ткачева <tk...@gmail.com>.
I running tests. All tests worked as in last Beta, except one test - *
testSelectLikeIgnoreCaseClob(org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQueryTest).*
It failed on db2, sybase and sqlite. We did this test for
*CAY-1067<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1067>
* (likeIgnoreCase is not supported for CLOBs in MS SQL adapter)

All list:

Oracle, postgres, h2 - successful

*h2 (2 *Failed tests: and 1 error test)

   - test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetPrimaryKeyToDbTest)

   - testLoad(org.apache.cayenne.access.DbLoaderTest)

 Tests in error:

  - testSelectLikeIgnoreCaseClob(org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQueryTest)
-- NEW

 *Sybase (1 *Test in error:)
   - testSelectLikeIgnoreCaseClob(org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQueryTest)
-- NEW

mysql (2 Tests in error: )

   - test1MBClob(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextClobTest)

   - test1MBBlob(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextBlobTest)

  Derby (2 Tests in error: )

   -
testDifferentEntity(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)

   - testExists(org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContextEJBQLSubqueryTest)

  DB2(2 Failed tests:)

   - test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetPrimaryKeyToDbTest)

   - testLoad(org.apache.cayenne.access.DbLoaderTest)

  SQLserver (1 Failed test:)

  - testFetchLimitWithOffset(org.apache.cayenne.query.SelectQueryTest)

--
Olga

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1 - take 2

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
On 6/11/09 7:22 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> No, MD5s should not match the first round of B1 jars. First, of course
> there were changes. But even if there was no changes, maven creates some
> metadata files with timestamps in the jars, so just rebuilding a
> jar from the same codebase would result in a different checksum.

OK. Looks like our firewall was caching the download since the URL was the same. I've got different jars now, and everything is working fine against our tests.

+1

Ari

--

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1 - take 2

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
When I take an MD5 hash of the client and server jars, I find that nothing at all changed between the previous beta and this beta. If that is expected, then I'm +1. I did some testing of the Modeler and didn't find any issues.

Ari

--

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1 - take 2

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1   everything working for me.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Andrey

Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1 - take 2

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
+1