Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1996/10/15 20:38:00 UTC

A related random question

process_request_internal() calls location_walk() _after_ it does
translate_name(). It would seem reasonable (to me) for name translators to
expect to be handed relevant per-location configuration, no?

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: A related random question

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Tue, 15 Oct 1996, Ben Laurie wrote:

> process_request_internal() calls location_walk() _after_ it does
> translate_name(). It would seem reasonable (to me) for name translators to
> expect to be handed relevant per-location configuration, no?

This might make sense, except that directives in <Location> sections
are expected to override those in <Directory> sections, so processing
the former must come after the latter, which cannot (obviously) be
done until the name is translated. I suppose you could do a temporary
merge, call transalte_name, then call directory_walk and then
merge back again on top of that, but I don't particuarly like the
interactions there.

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server