Posted to dev@daffodil.apache.org by "Beckerle, Mike" <mb...@owlcyberdefense.com> on 2020/09/28 15:15:30 UTC

Turn back on emails from coverage.io

I'd like to turn back on emails coming from the automated coverage analysis.

Since I had no idea this was even still running automatically, I think more noise from this it is not a distraction. At least that tells us if the automated checking still works, and a quick check of the email rules out major regression on these metrics.

I also think we should put links to these on the release notes pages. Each release copies these pages from a prior and adapts those pages for the release. Having a section that links to the reports for the specific release would be useful and serves as the reminder to study them a bit per release.

E.g, for 2.7.0 this pages is the specific coverage report for that release.

https://codecov.io/gh/apache/incubator-daffodil/commit/0ddaea2c29bbed35e2a4e62233545bb9357db68d/graphs/sunburst

However, I looked at the sonarcube page, but I couldn't figure out how to get the sonarcube output page for a specific commit.

[cid:824b15bf-bfee-4b3d-b3c1-dab944bc2fce] Mike Beckerle | Principal Engineer

[OWL Cyber Defense]

P +1-781-330-0412
W owlcyberdefense.com<http://www.owlcyberdefense.com>

Re: Turn back on emails from coverage.io

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.
Yeah, codecov doesn't have the greatest UI. I suggest we just turn on
the PR comments and see how it goes. If we find it spammy or not
helpful, we can see if we can configure it to make it more useful, or
just disable it again and better document it so that it's more visible.

Posted by "Interrante, John A (GE Research, US)" <in...@research.ge.com>.

Posted by Steve Lawrence <sl...@apache.org>.