Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by "Farkas, Timothy (GE Digital)" <ti...@ge.com> on 2017/07/19 23:02:40 UTC

Feed Server Questions

Hi All,

I have some silly questions about feeds:

- Is the feed required to be implemented in java script? All the examples I’ve seen have been in java script.
- Where is something like the kafka feed executed? Is it on the machine where the whisk command line is used, the invoker, or the controller?

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Feed Server Questions

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hey Tim,

A feed may be implemented in any language. There are no constraints on
where it runs - ideally it is separate from the openwhisk system. One way
to think about it is that it's its own microservice - it's long running and
usually stateful. It's not always the case and when so, using serverless to
run the feed may be attractive.

-r