Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2016/05/09 18:14:03 UTC

Does anyone use the Command2#peekActionDomainEvent() API?

@Oscar (mostly)...

... does any of your code rely on this API?  I know that Estatio doesn't
use it, and I don't think it actually serves any purpose.

If it doesn't, am thinking of either making these methods no-ops, or (at
least) deprecating them.

FYI, the new InteractionContext service I've implemented fully captures the
call-graph of nested/wrapped subactoins, moreover the push, peek and pop
equivalents aren't exposed so this avoids the graph being "tampered" with.

Anyway, can you advise?

Thx
Dan

Re: Does anyone use the Command2#peekActionDomainEvent() API?

Posted by Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>.
Hi Dan.

It’s really nice you’re also supporting the “always wrapped” idea.
Being able to force by default all business rules / domain logic is a really strong value proposition.

The ability to do that was the main reason we chose Apache Isis many years ago.

It’s really hard to ensure they’re always respected in plain Java, specially when you’re accessing entities in different ways (UI directly accesing Java objects through a generic repository, through a MVC implementation, Web Services, …).

That again points me towards Apache Isis being the most close implementation to the Hexagonal pattern I know, as it will always assure the Domain logic is properly “protected” and always respected / executed.

Regards,

Oscar

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Ok, thanks.