Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Lloyd <ry...@mks.com> on 2004/05/25 10:26:36 UTC

deploy:pom plugin

I'm looking for some information on the deploy:pom plugin.

In looking through the jelly script I noticed an artifact tag, but being new to Maven, it's not explicitly clear to me what properties, or tags I need in my project for the deployment of an artifact to be successful. Can anyone provide some advice on how to get started with this plugin?

Currently, I'm just evaluating the functionality available to understand if  Maven can solve the problem of deploying a set of applications to a variety of target machines. (I'm looking to automate the generation of the project.xml, maven.xml, and project.properties with  a web-interface, so that users can input some basic application information, which invokes maven plugins that extract the SCM source, build the app, then deploy it to one of the many target environments).

Regards,
Ryan