Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk> on 2010/02/04 20:18:57 UTC

Running Solr (LucidWorks) as a Windows Server

Hi,

I need to have Solr/Jetty running as a Windows Service.
I am using the Lucid distribution.

Does anyone have a running example and tool for this?

med venlig hilsen/best regards

Roland Villemoes
Tel: (+45) 22 69 59 62
E-Mail: mailto:rv@alpha-solutions.dk

Alpha Solutions A/S
Borgergade 2, 3.sal, 1300 København K
Tel: (+45) 70 20 65 38
Web: http://www.alpha-solutions.dk<http://www.alpha-solutions.dk/>

** This message including any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you should delete this message. Any printing, copying, distribution or other use of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone, or e-mail and delete all copies of this message and any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: Running Solr (LucidWorks) as a Windows Server

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What about using Tomcat instead?   Tomcat has Windows service capability
> already, right?

Another part of the problem is telling the solr webapp where it's solr home is.

- use a tomcat context fragment (described in
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat)
- somehow appropriately set the cwd of the service
- pass a command line arg to the service executable that causes the
system property solr.solr.home to be set appropriately

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Running Solr (LucidWorks) as a Windows Server

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
What about using Tomcat instead?   Tomcat has Windows service
capability already, right?

	Erik

SV: Running Solr (LucidWorks) as a Windows Server

Posted by Roland Villemoes <rv...@alpha-solutions.dk>.
Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your help in this.

I have tried to use the Win32Wrapper, and the Jetty-Service.exe but still no success.
I was actually hoping the some of you guys out there actually had a running copy so I could so how to configure it?

Looks like it must go the Tomcat way...

Roland

jetty can be run as a Windows Service, see

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Win32Wrapper

Posted by Ron Chan <rc...@i-tao.com>.