Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com> on 2005/12/21 21:07:05 UTC

Paypal Spoof

I used to have a set of rules that dealt with the paypal and ebay
spoof emails, however since upgrading to SA 3.x I seem to have lost
them (along with several other rules that I liked).

To: *munged*@*munged*.com
From: PayPal <co...@paypal.com>

I mean, it seems to be something claiming to be from paypal, ebay,
citibank, wamu, etc that is NOT from them should score a lot higher
than 2.4.  So what can I do to catch these before some idiot -- er,
luser-- um USER gets fooled into giving up their account info?

--
Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-
foot salami under the other. The bartender says, I guess you won't be

Re: Paypal Spoof

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "LuKreme" <kr...@kreme.com>

I used to have a set of rules that dealt with the paypal and ebay
spoof emails, however since upgrading to SA 3.x I seem to have lost
them (along with several other rules that I liked).

akane.covisp.net; Wed, 21 Dec 2005 02:52:06 MST

To: *munged*@*munged*.com
From: PayPal <co...@paypal.com>

I mean, it seems to be something claiming to be from paypal, ebay,
citibank, wamu, etc that is NOT from them should score a lot higher
than 2.4.  So what can I do to catch these before some idiot -- er,
luser-- um USER gets fooled into giving up their account info?

>> Are you running any SARE rules?

{^_^}