Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Thomas Wolf <th...@ithaka.org> on 2004/10/28 21:42:34 UTC

What are the incompatibilities with IBM WAS v5.1?

Hi,
I'm thinking of using the myfaces implementation on our project - which
runs on IBM WAS 5.1.1  I noticed that on the "compatibility" page
(http://www.marinschek.com/myfaces/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compatibilit
y),
it states that WAS 5.1.2 is required.  Could someone tell me why 5.1.1
will not suffice?  Apologies if this has been asked before, but I
couldn't
find any good info looking through the archives (at the old mailing list
site.)

Many thanks,
tom

Re: What are the incompatibilities with IBM WAS v5.1?

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.
Thomas,
The list contains environments, that "MyFaces is known to work with".
Only if a container is mentioned in the "known issues", it is subject to
incompatibilities.
So, I encourage you to test MyFaces with 5.1.1.
Please send us your feedback!
Do you think we should rather list IBM WAS 5.1.x instead?

Thanks,
Manfred