Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com> on 2003/10/31 20:50:19 UTC

2.0 or 1.3?

Hi,
It occurs to me that perhaps the next release of log4j should be version
2.0 instead of 1.3.  It seems that:
- Log4j has been around long enough for a 2.0 release.
- The next version has significant new features, unseen before, not just
improvements and enhancements of previous features.

I wanted to ask, and hopefully settle, this matter with enough time for
Ceki to revise his slides before ApacheCon ;)

What do you think?

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.