Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Bill Haneman <bi...@sun.com> on 2001/05/17 15:30:59 UTC

minor text selection regression

I notice that text selection for text with extended letter-spacing now
does not produce contiguous highlight shapes.

Of course it's quite difficult and maybe undesirable to do this for
the general case (arbitrary glyph positions in both x and y), in the
past when letter spacing and work spacing was changed, the glyph
logical bounds were extended.

Does anyone know when this behavior changed?  I would like to look
into this but it would help to know that it changed before the last
putback to GlyphLayout.

Thanks

Bill

P.S. - I know about the BiDi selection regression also, my solution
was to "punt" when there were BiDi characters (favoring correct
selection/BiDi over advanced text attributes).  My understanding is
that someone is looking at this one already.