Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Francisco Carriedo Scher <fc...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/02 00:43:51 UTC

Disabling admin account

Hi there,

i am trying to disable the admin account and, apart from setting the
adminId to my custom value in the repository.xml file i changed the value
of the constants of the
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.SecurityConstants class. Once
recompiled (the core and the Webapp and used via Webdav) i am still able to
login having write permissions providing admin:admin credentials:

        Repository repository = JcrUtils.getRepository(repoURL + "/server");
        BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(System.in));
        Session session = repository.login(new SimpleCredentials("admin",
"admin".toCharArray()));

What else should be done to erase the admin account?

Thanks for your attention!!!

AW: Disabling admin account

Posted by "Cech. Ulrich" <Ul...@aeb.de>.
Hi,

you can change the password for the admin-account and/or set/unset the permissions for whole nodes, then it is not necessary to recompile the jackrabbit-code.

Bye,
Ulrich

Re: Disabling admin account

Posted by Francisco Carriedo Scher <fc...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much, i will change the password programmatically then.

Re: Disabling admin account

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi francisco