Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/24 22:28:27 UTC

[VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3

Hi,

We solved a bunch of issues issues, mostly spread across underlying
dependencies. No significant new features, but
the version bump is because all plugins are java 1.5 versions.

Release Notes - Maven 2.x WAR Plugin - Version 2.2

** Bug
    * [MWAR-240] - archiveClasses and attachClasses in 2.1
    * [MWAR-248] - Plugin warns about missing webxml attribute even if
one exists

** Improvement
    * [MWAR-252] - Missing documentation: Overlay filter
    * [MWAR-268] - Upgrade plexus dependencies for war plugin
    * [MWAR-273] - Add Maven version used to Created-By entry in manifest

** Wish
    * [MWAR-81] - Request enhancement to pattern matching for
packagingIncludes/packagingExcludes functionality (regular
expressions?)

Release Notes - Maven 2.x JAR Plugin - Version 2.4

** Bug
    * [MJAR-69] - When 'index' and 'addClasspath' are both true, plugin fails.

** Improvement
    * [MJAR-139] - New option to avoid empty jar creation
    * [MJAR-148] - Add Maven version used to Created-By entry in manifest
    * [MJAR-149] - Maven Jar Plugin requires JDK5

Release Notes - Maven 2.x Assembly Plugin - Version 2.3

** Bug
    * [MASSEMBLY-588] - Build fails because of 'ls -1nlaR /'
    * [MASSEMBLY-595] - Tar file contains world-writeable files when
fileSets with and without fileMode are mixed

** Improvement
    * [MASSEMBLY-548] - Improve documentation for filters parameter

Release Notes - Maven Shared Components - Version maven-archiver-2.5

** Bug
    * [MSHARED-38] - Archiver should be adding "Created-By: Apache
Maven _2.0.4_" to the manifest
    * [MSHARED-134] - Using ${artifcactId}-Extention-Name in MANIFEST
file can create invalid MANIFEST files
    * [MSHARED-182] - manifestEntry seems not to work correctly

** Improvement
    * [MSHARED-99] - Archiver should validate manifest attribute names.
    * [MSHARED-221] - maven archiver requires JDK5

Release Notes - Plexus Components - Version plexus-archiver-2.1

** Bug
    * [PLXCOMP-39] - better validation of manifest entries in plexus-archiver
    * [PLXCOMP-47] - Manifest entries containing line feeds are invalid
    * [PLXCOMP-70] - Embedded error: String index out of range: 70
    * [PLXCOMP-155] - writeManifest generates unusable MANIFEST.MF for
non-latin chars
    * [PLXCOMP-177] - JarArchiver generates lines longer than 72 bytes
in MANIFEST.MF

** Task
    * [PLXCOMP-172] - remove Ant's Manifest class: use JDK's class instead

Release Notes - Plexus Components - Version plexus-archiver-2.0

** Bug
    * [PLXCOMP-163] - ZipFile leaks memory into native heap
    * [PLXCOMP-175] - Revert to old groupId

** Improvement
    * [PLXCOMP-129] - Archiver should not print info messages for
duplicate directories.
    * [PLXCOMP-169] - IO & Archiver forget to raise filename in case of an error

There are still plenty of issues left in JIRA on all components.

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-122//

Staging site: (sync pending)
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin-2.5
http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver-2.5/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-war-plugin-2.2/
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin-2.3/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

An here's my +1,

Kristian

Re: [VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Right. Thanks Robert!

S.

Posted by Robert Scholte <ap...@sourcegrounds.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@zenior.no>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Looks like a jdk6 signature

- Stephen

---
screen

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
Notes

Re: [CANCELLED][VOTE] Release Maven Archiver 2.5, Maven Jar Plugin 2.4, Maven War Plugin 2.2 and Maven Assembly Plugin 2.3

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:30:55 AM Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
> It's being suggested to me that this might have been caused by a 5 month
> old jar-plugin-2.4 tag in svn that someone (a nice rephrasing of "I")
> has forgotten to delete.
>
> Is there some gotcha I should've been aware of here ?

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRELEASE-719

Several of us have been bitten by it.  :-(

Dan

> Kristian
>
> 2012/1/26 Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>:
> > There is an error in the jar plugin pom that needs to be fixed,
> > possibly including a new IT. I will re-roll once ready.
> >
> > Kristian

Daniel Kulp

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.