Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/12 00:26:25 UTC

Pass Through Transport and Next Release

Hi Folks,

I just committed the patches for SYNAPSE-913 with some modifications. These patches contain the code for:

1. The new pass through HTTP transport
2. Modifying Synapse to use the pass through transport as the default transport

All the existing unit tests are working with these changes. All the integration tests except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working. I've disabled the RM test for now. We'll discuss what to do about that later in a separate thread.

With these changes, I think we should go for a new release. I got some time at hand this summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get this out by the end of August or early September. Any help with bug fixing, testing and documenting will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;

Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.
We also can move to hc 4.2.5. http client 4.2.5 in this release. HC project
is about to release version 4.3 but I am not sure about the time line
though.

Rajika

Posted by Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1
 I should be able to help with this release. BTW, I think we can named this
Synapse 3.0 as we are doing a major revamp.

--
Kasun Indrasiri
Associate Technical Lead,

Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release

Posted by Malith Dhanushka <mm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sadeep Jayasumana <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1. I too can help with bug fixing, documenting, etc.

Thanks,
Sadeep

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:04 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <
rajika.kumarasiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1. I will help fixing any outstanding issues.
>
> I also wrote a native AMQP transport for Apache synapse and see below for
> code. It uses the excellent Rabbit MQ java library for AMQP. May be we can
> include that too in the release. We need to make sure that the license of
> RabbitMQ java library is compatible though.
>

> https://github.com/danrk/experimental/tree/master/org.apache.synapse.transport.amqp
>
> BTW, I read that all ASF projects should be moved to a git repository and
> have we taken care of it?
>

> Rajika
>

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I just committed the patches for SYNAPSE-913 with some modifications.
>> These patches contain the code for:
>>
>> 1. The new pass through HTTP transport
>> 2. Modifying Synapse to use the pass through transport as the default
>> transport
>>
>> All the existing unit tests are working with these changes. All the
>> integration tests except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working.
>> I've disabled the RM test for now. We'll discuss what to do about that
>> later in a separate thread.
>>
>> With these changes, I think we should go for a new release. I got some
>> time at hand this summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get
>> this out by the end of August or early September. Any help with bug fixing,
>> testing and documenting will be most appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Hiranya
>>
>>  --
>> Hiranya Jayathilaka
>> Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;
>> Dept. of Computer Science, UCSB;  http://cs.ucsb.edu
>> E-mail: hiranya@cs.ucsb.edu <hi...@wso2.com>;  Mobile: +1 (805)
>> 895-7443
>> Blog: http://techfeast-hiranya.**blogspot.com<http://techfeast-hiranya.blogspot.com/>

--

Sadeep Jayasumana

Email:        gayansadeep@gmail.com

Mobile:       +61 4 1468 8521

Homepage: http://users.cecs.anu.edu.au/~sjayasumana

Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release

Posted by Andun Sameera <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I am currently working on that! First I am trying to integrate FasrXSLT
mediator to Synapse. This mediator is a high performance mediator which do
XSLT transformation using data streams and Passthru transport.

Then I will provide the patch for StreamingXPath parser.

Thanks!

Regards
Andun S.L. Gunawardana
Undergraduate
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka

Blog - http://www.insightforfuture.blogspot.com/
LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andun-s-l-gunawardana/34/646/703
Twitter -http://twitter.com/AndunSLG

Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release

Posted by dushan abeyruwan <du...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hiranya

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dushan,

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dushan,

Posted by dushan abeyruwan <du...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hiranya,

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by dushan abeyruwan <du...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hiranya,

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Jul 11, 2013, at 9:29 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Rajika,
>
> On Jul 11, 2013, at 7:04 PM, Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1. I will help fixing any outstanding issues.
>>
>> I also wrote a native AMQP transport for Apache synapse and see below for code. It uses the excellent Rabbit MQ java library for AMQP. May be we can include that too in the release. We need to make sure that the license of RabbitMQ java library is compatible though.
>
> +1
>

>> https://github.com/danrk/experimental/tree/master/org.apache.synapse.transport.amqp
>>
>> BTW, I read that all ASF projects should be moved to a git repository and have we taken care of it?
>
> I wasn't aware of that. According to [1] ASF still uses SVN as the primary VCS. Where exactly did you come across this information?

Cancel that. I just came across [2]. Looks like the Infra guys have already taken care of this.

Thanks,
Hiranya

[2] - https://github.com/apache/synapse/tree/trunk

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rajika,

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charith Wickramarachchi <ch...@gmail.com>.
<hi...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I just committed the patches for SYNAPSE-913 with some modifications.
> These patches contain the code for:
>
> 1. The new pass through HTTP transport
> 2. Modifying Synapse to use the pass through transport as the default
> transport
>
> All the existing unit tests are working with these changes. All the
> integration tests except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working.
> I've disabled the RM test for now. We'll discuss what to do about that
> later in a separate thread.
>
> With these changes, I think we should go for a new release. I got some
> time at hand this summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get
> this out by the end of August or early September. Any help with bug fixing,
> testing and documenting will be most appreciated.

+1 I'll be able to help with Bug Fixing and Testing.

Regards,
Charith

> Thanks,
> Hiranya
>
> --
> Hiranya Jayathilaka
> Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;
> E-mail: hiranya@cs.ucsb.edu <hi...@wso2.com>;  Mobile: +1 (805) 895-7443
> Blog: http://techfeast-hiranya.**blogspot.com<http://techfeast-hiranya.blogspot.com/>

--
Charith Dhanushka Wickramaarachchi

Tel  +1 213 447 4253
Site  http://charith.wickramaarachchi.org/
Blog  http://charithwiki.blogspot.com/
Twitter  @charithwiki <https://twitter.com/charithwiki>

Re: Pass Through Transport and Next Release

Posted by Udayanga Wickramasinghe <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Udayanga Wickramasinghe <
mastershield2007@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya911@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I just committed the patches for SYNAPSE-913 with some modifications.
>> These patches contain the code for:
>>
>> 1. The new pass through HTTP transport
>> 2. Modifying Synapse to use the pass through transport as the default
>> transport
>>
>> All the existing unit tests are working with these changes. All the
>> integration tests except for the RM test (sample 101) are also working.
>> I've disabled the RM test for now. We'll discuss what to do about that
>> later in a separate thread.
>>
>> With these changes, I think we should go for a new release. I got some
>> time at hand this summer so I can be the release manager. I hope to get
>> this out by the end of August or early September. Any help with bug fixing,
>> testing and documenting will be most appreciated.

I think possibly we will be able to add Synapse versioning feature to the
next release. Although this depends entirely on the progress of the current
GSOC project and upto now Sequence versioning is completed. If this release
extend to end of September and also if Thilini manages to complete the
project by September 23rd (program deadline) then we are good to go.

+1 will be able to help in bug fixing/testing

Posted by Udayanga Wickramasinghe <ma...@gmail.com>.