Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ralph Brickley <ra...@verizon.net> on 2006/12/19 23:16:32 UTC

[users@httpd] Slow Load Times on Server

Hello,

I have been using Apache for about 2.5 years now and have recently installed
the latest downloadable version. I am also running PHP 5 and MySQL Server 5.
Everything works fine, but I have ALWAYS had exceptionally slow speeds on
the server.

I run Verizon DSL 3300/768, and have an upload speed of about 80K per
second. When I load pages on my server from any remote site, the images load
slowly. See an example of my server here:

http://71.117.144.132/

The computer my server is on is exceptional. Core 2 Duo 2.4, 2GIG ram,
250GIG SATA drive, etc. Does anyone have some fine-tuning suggestions to
speed things up?

Thanks!

Ralph Brickley