Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> on 2008/06/06 01:13:25 UTC

Git qpid-port repo has a new "windows" branch

Hi folks,

All those wishing to help with the Windows work... The git repo
qpid-port at git://github.com/shuston/qpid-port.git has a new
"windows" branch. Currently on the head of that branch is the changes
and additions I posted to jira 1105. See that issue for complete
details.

I'm not a git wiz, but if you know what to do to access that
repo/branch, go for it - all help is welcome. Please bring questions,
discussions, etc. to this list.

Manuel, if you want to branch for your work on that repo, please do so
- it would make it easier to merge with the Solaris things later.

Thanks!
-Steve

Re: Git qpid-port repo has a new "windows" branch

Posted by Manuel Teira <mt...@tid.es>.
Steve Huston escribió:
> Hi folks,
>
> All those wishing to help with the Windows work... The git repo
> qpid-port at git://github.com/shuston/qpid-port.git has a new
> "windows" branch. Currently on the head of that branch is the changes
> and additions I posted to jira 1105. See that issue for complete
> details.
>
> I'm not a git wiz, but if you know what to do to access that
> repo/branch, go for it - all help is welcome. Please bring questions,
> discussions, etc. to this list.
>
> Manuel, if you want to branch for your work on that repo, please do so
> - it would make it easier to merge with the Solaris things later.

Thanks. I still have to figure out what is actually happening with my
connection issues.

I'll try once I'm able to clone.

Best regards.
--
Manuel

Posted by Manuel Teira <mt...@tid.es>.
Manuel Teira escribió:
> Steve Huston escribió:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> All those wishing to help with the Windows work... The git repo
>> qpid-port at git://github.com/shuston/qpid-port.git has a new
>> "windows" branch. Currently on the head of that branch is the changes
>> and additions I posted to jira 1105. See that issue for complete
>> details.
>>
>> I'm not a git wiz, but if you know what to do to access that
>> repo/branch, go for it - all help is welcome. Please bring questions,
>> discussions, etc. to this list.
>>
>> Manuel, if you want to branch for your work on that repo, please do so
>> - it would make it easier to merge with the Solaris things later.
>>

> Well,  I've tried. Just cloned the repository (no windows branch
> available though). Then, I branched 'solaris', and patched on the svn
> diff result on my head copy of qpid main repository.
> Then, I committed, but now, I'm not able to push the changes remotely.
> I'm starting to thing that the only one that can do that is the
> repository owner...
>
> This is everything I get:
>
> bash-3.00$ git push origin solaris
>
> I was not able to get more information from the git process. It seems
> that it's trying to connect, but  ...
> Looks like the git:// is only for pulling and I need ssh to push
> changes? Am I allowed to push to a repository owned by other people? How
> did you commited your work?

My last try:
* Redirecting github.com:22 to local 9022 to escape the firewall.
* Using this .ssh/config:

Host localhost
    User mteira                                                      #My
user in github
    IdentityFile [/export/home/devel/.ssh/id_rsa]    #Private
counterpart of the github registered key

* Now, trying:

git push ssh://localhost:9022/shuston/qpid-port.git solaris
Permission denied (publickey).

Perhaps users need to be added to a repository to allow pushing?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Regards.
--
Manuel.

Posted by Manuel Teira <mt...@tid.es>.
Steve Huston escribió:
> Hi Manuel,
>

>>> All those wishing to help with the Windows work... The git repo
>>> qpid-port at git://github.com/shuston/qpid-port.git has a new
>>> "windows" branch. Currently on the head of that branch is
>>>
>> the changes
>>
>>> and additions I posted to jira 1105. See that issue for complete
>>> details.
>>>
>>> I'm not a git wiz, but if you know what to do to access that
>>> repo/branch, go for it - all help is welcome. Please bring
>>>
>> questions,
>>
>>> discussions, etc. to this list.
>>>
>>> Manuel, if you want to branch for your work on that repo,
>>>
>> please do so
>>
>>> - it would make it easier to merge with the Solaris things later.
>>>

>> Well,  I've tried. Just cloned the repository (no windows branch
>> available though).
>>

> Hmmm...
>

>> Then, I branched 'solaris', and patched on the svn
>> diff result on my head copy of qpid main repository.
>> Then, I committed, but now, I'm not able to push the changes
>> remotely.
>> I'm starting to thing that the only one that can do that is the
>> repository owner...
>>

> Ah - I needed to add you as a collaborator, which I just did - try it
> again please.

Ok. After that and resending my public key properly (I stripped off the
ssh-rsa prefix the first time), and adding a new remote with the
git@blabla format (since I cloned using the git://blabla format
previously) I managed to commit my branch.

Thanks and regards.

--
Manuel.

>> This is everything I get:
>>
>> bash-3.00$ git push origin solaris
>> fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>>
>> I was not able to get more information from the git process. It
>>
> seems
>
>> that it's trying to connect, but  ...
>> Looks like the git:// is only for pulling and I need ssh to push
>> changes? Am I allowed to push to a repository owned by other
>> people? How did you commited your work?
>>

> I just did git commit - apparantly that's not enough since I can't see
> the windows branch from the git web site... I'll check on this more
> today.

That just commits to your local repo. You need to push your changes to
the remote side.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Manuel,

> > All those wishing to help with the Windows work... The git repo
> > qpid-port at git://github.com/shuston/qpid-port.git has a new
> > "windows" branch. Currently on the head of that branch is
> the changes
> > and additions I posted to jira 1105. See that issue for complete
> > details.
> >
> > I'm not a git wiz, but if you know what to do to access that
> > repo/branch, go for it - all help is welcome. Please bring
> questions,
> > discussions, etc. to this list.
> >
> > Manuel, if you want to branch for your work on that repo,
> please do so
> > - it would make it easier to merge with the Solaris things later.
> >

> Well,  I've tried. Just cloned the repository (no windows branch
> available though).

Hmmm...

Posted by Manuel Teira <mt...@tid.es>.

Posted by Manuel Teira <mt...@tid.es>.
Robert Greig escribió:
> 2008/6/6 Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>:
>

>> All those wishing to help with the Windows work... The git repo
>> qpid-port at git://github.com/shuston/qpid-port.git has a new
>> "windows" branch. Currently on the head of that branch is the changes
>> and additions I posted to jira 1105. See that issue for complete
>> details.
>>

> I can't see the branch either on the github web page
> (http://github.com/shuston/qpid-port/tree/master) or using git itself?
>
> RG

Neither I am. Cloned 1 hour ago. Perhaps you forgot to push your changes
against the central repository?

Greetings.

--
Manuel

RE: Git qpid-port repo has a new "windows" branch

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> > All those wishing to help with the Windows work... The git repo
> > qpid-port at git://github.com/shuston/qpid-port.git has a new
> > "windows" branch. Currently on the head of that branch is
> the changes
> > and additions I posted to jira 1105. See that issue for complete
> > details.
>
> I can't see the branch either on the github web page
> (http://github.com/shuston/qpid-port/tree/master) or using git
itself?

I neglected to push it... It's there now. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.
2008/6/7 Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>:
> Hi Steve,
>   I do see it on my Web view but not in Git repo browser.

I see it in git and have been able to check it out.

RG

Re: Git qpid-port repo has a new "windows" branch

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>.
Hi Steve,
    I do see it on my Web view but not in Git repo browser.

Danushka

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Steve Huston wrote:
> FYI, the Windows port is still in progress... After discussing with
> Andrew Stitcher, a new plan is taking form. There is a new branch in
> the qpid-port git repo named windows2 - I believe there're actually
> real files there this time ;-)
>
> Feel free to check it out, ask questions, send comments, etc.
>
> -Steve

Thanks for the update.

Carl.

RE: Git qpid-port repo has a new "windows" branch

Posted by Manuel Teira <mt...@tid.es>.
Steve Huston escribió:
> Danushka and Manuel, there is no ICLA listed for you yet... Is this in
> progress?

Hi Steve.
No by the moment. I'm still waiting for an answer from by boss. I will
try to get something this week.
Unfortunately, I was temporarily assigned to another task, so the
solaris port is in stand-by for a time (I hope it'll be a short time).

Regards.

--
Manuel.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>.
> Danushka and Manuel, there is no ICLA listed for you yet... Is this in
> progress?

Hi Steve,
    I will send mine on Monday.

Thanks and Regards,

Danushka

RE: Git qpid-port repo has a new "windows" branch

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@wso2.com>.