Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pat Kelley <pk...@sosstaffing.com> on 2003/07/14 18:39:50 UTC

pdf xform failing when xsp dataset too large

I am running xslt transform using xsp to provide the xml for a pdf
transform. The transform works fine until the dataset supplied exceeds a
certain size then the pdf fails with the error 'File does not begin with
'%pdf' (e.g. for six offices the transform is fine but if there more in the
dataset, it fails. ) For smaller datasets everything works fine. It is not
browser dependant because it happens on IE and Netscape.

Pat Kelley
Database Administrator
Phone: (801) 257-5704
Fax:  (810) 366-5702

Re: pdf xform failing when xsp dataset too large

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
> Pat Kelley wrote:
>> I am running xslt transform using xsp to provide the xml for a pdf
>> transform. The transform works fine until the dataset supplied
>> exceeds a certain size then the pdf fails with the error 'File does
>> not begin with '%pdf'....

You might want to look at the file that is returned, it might contain
an error message (formatted in XML or HTML) instead of PDF data. Use
wget or a similar utility to retrieve the document outside of any
browser and check what's inside.

--
   Bertrand Delacretaz
   independent consultant, Lausanne, Switzerland

Re: pdf xform failing when xsp dataset too large

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
You can trust the words of J. Pietschmann, he is a FOP developer. So try to
lower your log level, maybe it's not logged as ERROR. Your error
descriptions really sounds like OutOfMemoryError.

Joerg

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG