Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Virender Singh <vi...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/08 21:10:41 UTC

sending debug messages to console?

How can I get log messages to show up on the james cmd prompt console
when a email is received/delivered by the james server ? This helps me
easily take a peak at the console to see what it's doing.

Thanks,
Viru

RE: sending debug messages to console?

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Viru,

On linux you can simply run "tail -f /opt/james/apps/james/logs/*" to
monitor the logs.  If you just want to monitor part of the system, just
monitor that log, e.g., smtpserver.log.  There is a patch submitted
(hopefully in the CVS soon) that if you are at INFO will emit:

 Successfully spooled mail from <sender> for <recipients>

for incoming mail.  If you are at DEBUG, you'll see the entire SMTP
transaction.

	--- Noel