Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Elam Daly <el...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/02 06:51:40 UTC

h:dataTable: Editable Options

Howdy all,

Using a 2 week old Subversion build.

I have a Result object that is stored in a bean and is bound to a
h:dataTable component.

My JSP code looks like this:

<h:dataTable value="#{AdminBean.results }" var="emp"
                      headerClass="dataHeader"
                      footerClass="footer"
                      styleClass="punches"
                      rowClasses="one,two"
                      cellpadding="5">
          <h:column>
            <f:facet name="header">
              <h:outputText value="Date In" />
            </f:facet>
            <h:outputText value="#{emp.PINDATE}" rendered="#{not
emp.editable}"/>
            <t:inputText rendered="#{emp.editable}" />
          </h:column>
.
.
.
         <h:column>
            <f:facet name="header">
                <h:outputText value="Edit" />
             </f:facet>
             <h:selectBooleanCheckbox value="#{ emp.editable}"
onclick="submit();"/>
          </h:column>
        </h:dataTable>

Now, when this page is first displayed both the outputText and inputText
tags are rendered, when only one or the other should be.  If I select the
booleanCheckBox, then the page is submitted and everything looks normal.

Is there someway to set the editable property of a dataTable to a default
value? Shouldn't it be non editable by default?

Thanks,
Elam Daly

Re: h:dataTable: Editable Options

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Elam,

That's really odd.   I can't think of any reason why both would be
rendered unless #{emp.PINDATE}" or "#{not emp.editable} are somehow
changing the editable value!