Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jim O'Callaghan <ji...@peritussolutions.com> on 2010/08/24 19:19:00 UTC

OT: Debugging Tapestry Apps using Eclipse

I'm facing an issue with my Eclipse IDE (3.4.1) and thought I would check if
anyone has faced the same issue / has a possible solution.  I'm not sure
when this started (last few weeks) but I'm seeing a difference in
performance of over 10x between 'Run' and 'Debug' targets under Eclipse -
getting to the stage that dev is unworkable.  I've used a variety of JDKs
from 1.5 up to 1.6u19, and have cycled the initial mem and max mem from 512m
up to 2048m, with a permgen between 256 - 512m.  I'm using the eclipse jetty
plugin and running on a fast pc with plenty of RAM / disk space etc.  When I
run this app as a 'Run' target under Eclipse, or from the command line the
response time is almost instant.  Ring any bells with anyone?  I'm trying
using one of the T 5.2.0 snapshot from a few months back
(5.2.0-20100603.111954-89) and also the current alpha.  Startup / avg page
reponse is 50s / 30s with 'Debug' targets vs. 8s / almost instant with 'Run'
targets. Would be grateful for any advice.

Regards,

Jim.

RE: OT: Debugging Tapestry Apps using Eclipse

Posted by Jim O'Callaghan <jc...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Thanks for the response Josh.  No breakpoints set.  Any other thoughts
welcome.

Regards,
Jim.

Off the top of my head it sounds like you might have a method breakpoint
set.. Have you tried clearing all of your breakpoints?

-- Josh

Posted by Josh Canfield <jo...@gmail.com>.