Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/27 10:13:06 UTC

XML RPC security

Hey guys,

Some quick notes on the security for XML RPC interface. This is what I
am thinking...

Have an AuthenticatedXmlRpcService component that services the xml rpc
requests. The first request from a client to the service is a request
for authentication. A successful authentication returns an
authentication Token, which is passed along with subsequent requests by
the client. A Token can go stale (configurable time period?) if there
were not requests detected for it. Also, we could have a service that
answers any polling requests and keeps a Token 'alive'.

Thoughts?

Rahul

Re: XML RPC security

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@apache.org>.
Rahul Thakur wrote:

> Sounds good! Pointers would be great, if you have it handy :-)

If you're using the servlet way (which I'd recommend) you should be able
to use Redback as a filter for that URL. Way easier that my hack.

--
Trygve

Re: XML RPC security

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.