Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/25 12:05:13 UTC

[VOTE] Approve Release of Apache Sling MIME type mapping support Version 2.1.0-incubator

The Apache Sling community voted on and has approved a proposal to
release Apache Sling MIME type mapping support Version 2.1.0-incubator
bundle. Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation Policy we
would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to publish
the tarball on the Sling Download page (this will be
http://incubator.apache.org/sling/site/download.html).

The following votes were cast:

  +1 Felix Meschberger
  +1 Carsten Ziegeler
  +1 Bertrand Delacretaz
  +1 Jukka Zitting

This vote therefore passed with 4 +1 votes and no other votes. All
voters are members of the Sling PPMC and the Incubator PMC.

Please cast your votes!

Thanks
Felix

Proposal, vote thread and vote result:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-sling-dev/200905.mbox/%3C4A1130B0.3030700@gmail.com%3E

Releases section of the Incubation Policy:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

[RESULT] [VOTE] Approve Release of Apache Sling MIME type mapping support Version 2.1.0-incubator

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Time to tally this vote.

Besides the votes already cast by IPMC members Felix Meschberger,
Carsten Ziegeler, Bertrand Delacretaz, and Jukka Zitting we got another
+1 vote from Niclas Hedhman.

Thus this vote passes with 5 +1 votes. No other votes have been cast.

Since the JavaDoc package does not meet the release requirements, it
will not be published to the maven repository.

Regards
Felix

Re: [VOTE] Approve Release of Apache Sling MIME type mapping support Version 2.1.0-incubator

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

sebb schrieb:
> On 27/05/2009, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Maven reports the following problem:
>>>
>>> [WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
>>> resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
>>>
>>> The encoding needs to be explicitly defined if the pom uses filtering.
>>>
>>  We do not use filtering for now, so this is not an issue.
>>

> You may not have used filters explicitly, but the Maven message says
> that it is using Cp1252, so clearly the encoding IS an issue.

Right. And I agree, that we will setup the resource plugin to force
UTF-8 for future builds (we are currently voting on using repository.a.o
for deployments and as a consequence would the inherit vom Apache parent
6, which IIRC has the resource plugin setup correct).

>>> It would be useful if the Manifest files in the jars contained the
>>> Specification and Implementation entries.
>>>
>>  We have the OSGi manifest headers, mostly the Bundle-SymbolicName,
>> Bundle-Version and Bundle-Name headers. These are equivalent. But we will
>> certainly consider adding at least the Implementation entries in future
>> releases.
>
> I am referring to items such as:
>
> Implementation-Title:
> Implementation-Vendor:
> Implementation-Vendor-Id:
> Implementation-Version:
> Specification-Title:
> Specification-Vendor:
> Specification-Version:
>
> Although some of the values are present in Bundle headers, the above
> are more standard for non-OSGI applications.

Ok. We will setup the bundle plugin to include these standard headers.

Regards
Felix

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 27/05/2009, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
>  sebb schrieb:
>
> > The signing key for 0xF79B7715 is not in the KEYS file:
> >

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/KEYS
> >
> > This must be fixed before release.
> >

>  Hmm, I added it to
>
>    http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/sling/KEYS
>
>  But I now also added it to the sling/trunk/KEYS file
>

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/tags/org.apache.sling.commons.mime-2.1.0-incubator/
> >
> > If so, then this agrees with the tgz and source archives, except for
> > line-endings.
> >
> > It would be helpful if the NOTICE file mentioned "JQuery TreeTable", e.g.
> >
> > "This product includes JQuery TreeTable software developed by"
> >
> > This can be fixed in the next release.
> >

>  makes sense. done (for the next release)
>

> > Maven reports the following problem:
> >
> > [WARNING] Using platform encoding (Cp1252 actually) to copy filtered
> > resources, i.e. build is platform dependent!
> >
> > The encoding needs to be explicitly defined if the pom uses filtering.
> >

>  We do not use filtering for now, so this is not an issue.

You may not have used filters explicitly, but the Maven message says
that it is using Cp1252, so clearly the encoding IS an issue.

> > It would be useful if the Manifest files in the jars contained the
> > Specification and Implementation entries.
> >

>  We have the OSGi manifest headers, mostly the Bundle-SymbolicName,
> Bundle-Version and Bundle-Name headers. These are equivalent. But we will
> certainly consider adding at least the Implementation entries in future
> releases.

I am referring to items such as:

Implementation-Title:
Implementation-Vendor:
Implementation-Vendor-Id:
Implementation-Version:
Specification-Title:
Specification-Vendor:
Specification-Version:

Although some of the values are present in Bundle headers, the above
are more standard for non-OSGI applications.

> > The Javadoc jar does not contain a NOTICE or a LICENSE file (nor is
> > the disclaimer mentioned)
> >
> > I think this needs to be fixed before release.
> >

>  Hmm, too bad. So lets not publish the Javadoc packages and go on with the
> release.

OK.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The signing key for 0xF79B7715 is not in the KEYS file:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk/KEYS

This must be fixed before release.

Otherwise, the hashes and sigs are OK.

tgz and zip versions of the archives agree with each other.

I assume that the SVN tag is

[...]

svn ps svn:eol-style native LICENSE
svn ps svn:eol-style native NOTICE
svn ps svn:eol-style native pom.xml
svn ps svn:eol-style native README.txt
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/main/java/org/apache/sling/commons/mime/MimeTypeProvider.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/main/java/org/apache/sling/commons/mime/MimeTypeService.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/main/java/org/apache/sling/commons/mime/internal/MimeTypeServiceImpl.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/main/java/org/apache/sling/commons/mime/internal/MimeTypeWebConsolePlugin.java
svn ps svn:eol-style native src/main/resources/META-INF/DISCLAIMER
svn ps svn:eol-style native src/main/resources/META-INF/LICENSE
svn ps svn:eol-style native src/main/resources/META-INF/NOTICE
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/metatype/metatype.properties
svn ps svn:eol-style native src/main/resources/res/jquery.treeTable.css
svn ps svn:eol-style native src/main/resources/res/jquery.treeTable.min.js
svn ps svn:eol-style native
src/test/java/org/apache/sling/commons/mime/internal/MimeTypeServiceImplTest.java

These are presumably missing in trunk as well.
Not a release blocker.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,