Posted to users@streampipes.apache.org by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/17 08:12:36 UTC

Feature Request to integrate Apache ECharts

Hello Apache StreamPipes Community,

Yesterday I had a look (again) on Apache StreamPipes and saw also this
entry in the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STREAMPIPES/Improving+StreamPipes+Visualizations

There are two amazing visualization projects in Apache:

1) https://echarts.apache.org/en/index.html

2) https://superset.apache.org/

Especially to make Apache StreamPipes more attractive for Endusers the
Dashboard Functionality is Key.

At the current state there will be most of all a comparison between
Node-Red and Apache StreamPipes. In my humble opinion a key differentiator
is the easy way to generate dashboards and diagrams basically out of the
box. If we could manage to e.g. integrate Apache ECharts with Apache
StreamPipes this could be a game changer. Especially when you look at
standard commercial products which basically have a lack of automatically
showing stuff as easy as StreamPipes is already capable of doing.

What do you think?

Kind regards
otluk

Re: Feature Request to integrate Apache ECharts

Posted by Patrick Wiener <wi...@apache.org>.
That looks kinda cool :)

Lets see if we find someone as part of the GSoC iniative that could help us in integrating echarts in StreamPipes.
Would definitely be a super cool extension on the UI side.

Cheers
Patrick

Posted by Lukas Ott <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi StreamPipes-Team,