Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Roshan <th...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/26 12:43:09 UTC

Kafka stream transformations

Hi,

I'm looking for information on where the stream transformations are
applied - the server(broker) or the client?

Would it be possible for clients to share the topology?

--
Warm regards
Roshan

Re: Kafka stream transformations

Posted by Damian Guy <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Roshan,

KafkaStreams apps run as a client application. It does not run on the
broker. You develop an application and give it an `application.id` - you
deploy how over many instances of that application you like and they all
share the same topology. I suggest you take a look at the docs here:
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/streams/ and here:
https://docs.confluent.io/current/streams/index.html