Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Ryan, Michael F. (LNG-DAY)" <mi...@lexisnexis.com> on 2015/06/09 16:21:21 UTC

"TokenStream contract violation: close() call missing" error in 4.9.0

I'm using Solr 4.9.0. I'm trying to figure out what would cause an error like this to occur a rare, non-deterministic manner:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: TokenStream contract violation: close() call missing
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.Tokenizer.setReader(Tokenizer.java:90)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer$TokenStreamComponents.setReader(Analyzer.java:307)
        at org.apache.lucene.analysis.Analyzer.tokenStream(Analyzer.java:183)

Are there any known bugs that would cause this, or unusual conditions? I'm thinking crazy things like a corrupted index, or a hardware issue.

I don't directly use TokenStream, so I'm wondering if there is something that could indirectly cause this (i.e., me doing something wrong that causes Lucene itself to not close the TokenStream).

I can provide more details later. Right now I'm just grasping at straws, hoping someone has encountered this.

-Michael

Re: "TokenStream contract violation: close() call missing" error in 4.9.0

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
What tokenizer are you using? I think, but I'm not entirely sure, that
this would require a bug in a tokenizer.