Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/23 16:06:52 UTC

Start/stop scripts - particularly start-dfs.sh - in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.X

We are setting up automated deployments on a headless system: so using the
GUI is not an option here.  When we search for those scripts under HDP they
are not found:

$ pwd
/usr/hdp/current

Which scripts exist in HDP ?

[stack@s1-639016 current]$ find -L . -name \*.sh

There are ZERO start/stop sh scripts..

In particular I am interested in the *start-dfs.sh* script that starts the
namenode(s) , journalnode, and datanodes.

Re: Start/stop scripts - particularly start-dfs.sh - in Hortonworks Data Platform 2.3.X

Posted by Dejan Menges <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

In /usr/hdp/version there's etc/ subfolder with init scripts, beside others
one for datanode too (hadoop-hdfs-datanode is the name).

Cheers

Posted by Dejan Menges <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

Posted by Dejan Menges <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

Posted by Dejan Menges <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephen,

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.
Artem, the first thing I did was a find /usr/hdp -name \*.sh . I have done
numerous variations on that.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.