Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by gustavonf <gu...@terra.com.br> on 2004/11/23 18:11:29 UTC

Automatic language detection

 Hello,

 I have certain document (company.html) created in two languages, pt
and en. When requesting company_pt.html lenya renders pt version and
when requesting company_en.html lenya brings english version. When
requesting company.html, lenya always brings the en version (en is the
default language), even if the browser and OS is configured for the pt
locale setting. Does lenya takes into account the http´s
accept-language header when choosing wich language version to render?

 Thanks

Re: Automatic language detection

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
gustavonf wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I have certain document (company.html) created in two languages, pt
> and en. When requesting company_pt.html lenya renders pt version and
> when requesting company_en.html lenya brings english version. When
> requesting company.html, lenya always brings the en version (en is the
> default language), even if the browser and OS is configured for the pt
> locale setting. Does lenya takes into account the http´s
> accept-language header when choosing wich language version to render?

no it does not, but you can change it to do so. you'll notice that the
lenya user interface language changes bases on you accept-language, try
english, german, italian french or spanish. you can use the same
technique (using request:locale to determine your loading)

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com