Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com> on 2006/04/14 03:49:45 UTC

POI presentation at O'Reilly Open Source conference

Hi,

I will be giving a presentation about Jakarta POI at the O'Reilly Open
Source conference on July 27th in Portland Oregon

   http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2006/view/e_sess/8967

Earlier today, I found the SViewerPanel class in the POI SVN repository:

 src/contrib/src/org/apache/poi/hssf/contrib/view/SViewerPanel.java

Is SViewerPanel being actively maintained?  I'd like to enhance the
SViewerPanel code.

I'm already an Apache developer (userid:  sullis).  I've previoiusly
worked on Jakarta Commons HttpClient and Jakarta Commons FileUpload.

Regards,

Sean

Re: VOTE Sean Sullivan committer

Posted by av...@itellix.com.

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Andrew Oliver wrote:
>> I propose Sean to be a committer with all rights therein but for his
>> commit rights to automatically expire if he does not use them
>> within 3 months or if he ever becomes bound by such an agreement.

+1

Avik

Re: VOTE Sean Sullivan committer

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Andrew Oliver wrote:
> I propose Sean to be a committer with all rights therein but for his
> commit rights to automatically expire if he does not use them
> within 3 months or if he ever becomes bound by such an agreement.

+1

Nick

Re: VOTE Sean Sullivan committer

Posted by Rainer Klute <kl...@apache.org>.
Am Donnerstag, den 13.04.2006, 22:59 -0400 schrieb Andrew Oliver:
> I propose Sean to be a committer with all rights therein but for his
> commit rights to automatically expire if he does not use them
> within 3 months or if he ever becomes bound by such an agreement.
> Please vote.

+1

Best regards
Rainer Klute

                           Rainer Klute IT-Consulting GmbH
  Dipl.-Inform.
  Rainer Klute             E-Mail:  klute@rainer-klute.de
  Körner Grund 24          Telefon: +49 172 2324824
D-44143 Dortmund           Telefax: +49 231 5349423

Public key fingerprint: E4E4386515EE0BED5C162FBB5343461584B5A42E

Re: VOTE Sean Sullivan committer

Posted by Amol Deshmukh <am...@apache.org>.
+1

~ amol

--- Andrew Oliver <ac...@jboss.org> wrote:

> I propose Sean to be a committer with all rights
> therein but for his
> commit rights to automatically expire if he does not
> use them
> within 3 months or if he ever becomes bound by such
> an agreement.
> Please vote.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Andy
>
> PS I think we should just do these auto-expires and
> have a trial period
> whenever it is a Jakarta person who wants in
> (because we don't want dead
> bodies who may have been exposed or become a
> "question")
>
> Sean Sullivan wrote:
> >
> > I am not bound to any Microsoft non-disclosure
> agreements for any
> > Microsoft file format.
> >
> > My interest in POI is two-fold:
> >
> > 1)  I am using Poi in two production web
> applications.  We are using Poi
> > to read and write XLS files.
> >
> > 2)  I am giving a presentation at OSCON in July.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sean
> >
> > Andrew Oliver wrote:
> >> We'd like someone to maintain it and spruce it
> up.  However it hasn't
> >> had revs in awhile.  Normally I like to see a
> couple patches come in
> >> to avoid "dead bodies" (I will....*poof gone*),
> but giving a preso on
> >> it kinda shows at least some commitment.
> >>
> >> So for my vote at least answering in the negative
> to:
> >> "Are you now or have you ever been a signor or
> otherwise bound by a
> >> Microsoft Non-Disclosure agreement regarding
> these file formats?"
> >>
> >> will be sufficient.
> >>
> >> Also, I'll have more free time after June
> especially.  Feel free to
> >> lean on me if you need any help with the preso
> formulation.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Andy

> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#poi
> > The Apache Jakarta POI Project:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/

> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#poi
> The Apache Jakarta POI Project:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/

~ They have even applied logic to probability and vice versa. ~

VOTE Sean Sullivan committer

Posted by Andrew Oliver <ac...@jboss.org>.

Re: POI presentation at O'Reilly Open Source conference

Posted by Sean Sullivan <se...@seansullivan.com>.

Posted by Andrew Oliver <ac...@jboss.org>.