Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/17 06:38:16 UTC

[VOTE] Drop support for Hadoop 0.20 from Pig 0.14

Hi,
   Hadoop has matured far from Hadoop 0.20 and has had two major releases
after that and there has been no development on branch-0.20 (
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.20/) for 3
years now. It is high time we drop support for Hadoop 0.20 and only support
Hadoop 1.x and 2.x lines going forward. This will reduce the maintenance
effort and also enable us to right more efficient code and cut down on
reflections.

Vote closes on Tuesday, Sep 23 2014.

Thanks,
Rohini

Re: [VOTE] Drop support for Hadoop 0.20 from Pig 0.14

Posted by Thejas Nair <th...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Mona Chitnis <mo...@yahoo.in> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding)
>  Mona Chitnis
> Yahoo!
>
>      On Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:48 AM, Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>  +1
>
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Prashant Kommireddi
>> <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > +1

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Drop support for Hadoop 0.20 from Pig 0.14

Posted by Mona Chitnis <mo...@yahoo.in>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Drop support for Hadoop 0.20 from Pig 0.14

Posted by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Xuefu Zhang <xz...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Posted by Julien Le Dem <ju...@ledem.net>.
+1

Julien

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Thanks
Prasanth Jayachandran

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Drop support for Hadoop 0.20 from Pig 0.14

Posted by "Zhang, Liyun" <li...@intel.com>.
+1

Best Regards
Zhang,Liyun

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Alan.

--
Sent with Postbox <http://www.getpostbox.com>

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Drop support for Hadoop 0.20 from Pig 0.14

Posted by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org>.
+1

--
Gianmarco