Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Max Rudman <mr...@steelbrick.com> on 2006/06/23 21:38:38 UTC

Tag-based categorization/blog segregation

I have a requirement to segregate blogs based on their category. This
would essentially be the opposite of Planet Roller; instead of
aggregating content from different blog sites this would segregate
content from the single Roller site. The idea here is to allow more
views into content than "X most recent entries" and "Hot Weblogs"
views available today.

Anil's proposal (http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?
page=Proposal_TagBasedCategories) would provide a good foundation for
what I am trying to do. However, that proposal depends on tagging
support. What is the status of tagging? Can I help in any way to move
either one of these proposals along?

Max

Re: Tag-based categorization/blog segregation

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 6/23/06, Max Rudman <mr...@steelbrick.com> wrote:
> I have a requirement to segregate blogs based on their category. This
> would essentially be the opposite of Planet Roller; instead of
> aggregating content from different blog sites this would segregate
> content from the single Roller site. The idea here is to allow more
> views into content than "X most recent entries" and "Hot Weblogs"
> views available today.

You should take a look at the Atlas proposals. In Roller 3.0, we're
adding a new page model, called the SitePageModel (plus macros) that
enables a blog to display entries with category and other types of
filtering, most commented weblogs, most commented entries and most
recent comments -- all including site-wide data.

http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Proposal_Atlas

I hope to have time to work on tagging and the IBM code contribution
sometime after 3.0 (August perhaps?).

- Dave