Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 01:10:40 UTC

Re: Where can I download an C++ UIMA framework?

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry not to have responded to this earlier. I don't see any of the
problems you have reported. Without changes to the build components in
svn recently, the following steps worked with no problem:

  mkdir testcpp
  cd testcpp
  svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/uima/uimacpp/trunk
  mv trunk/ uimacpp-2.2.0-svn
  cd uimacpp-2.2.0-svn/src
  make -f Makefile.prebuild
  export APR_HOME=/home/uimacpp/apr-1.2.8/usr/local/apr
  export ICU_HOME=/home/uimacpp/icu
  export XERCES_HOME=/home/uimacpp/xml4c-src5_5_0/install
  export JAVA_HOME=/uimacpp-common/ibm-java2-i386-50
  export JAVA_INCLUDE=$JAVA_HOME/include
  make -f Makefile.unix install
  cd test
  ./fvt.sh
  cd ../../docs/
  ./builddocs.sh
  cd ..
  ./buildsdk.sh ~/testcpp

Our build makes assumptions about how APR, ICU and Xerces were built
that are probably different from what you have. I will add some
details on building these components to the readme in the next few
days.

Not that I don't see any problems with buildsdk.sh. Why you are having
problems with that is a puzzle to me.

Eddie