Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2014/06/09 11:48:49 UTC

[Vote] Release Apache Stratos 4.0.0 - RC4

Hi All,

This is the fourth release candidate of Apache Stratos 4.0.0.

Please use the [Discuss] thread for anything but votes.

This release fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326291&styleName=Html&projectId=12314521

*** Please download, test and vote. Please refer the release verification
guide for detailed information on verifying this release.
The vote will run for 72 hours, until Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 3:30:00 PM IST
which is Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 3:00:00 AM PDT. If required we will
extend the completion date as discussed earlier.

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

*Source & binary distribution files:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.0.0-rc4/

*Maven staging repo:*
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestratos-1016/

*The tag to be voted upon:*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=commit;h=fcc90fceae1dcac55b37de09bf596572442a7795

*Tree view of the tag:*
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=tree;h=refs/tags/4.0.0-rc4;hb=refs/tags/4.0.0-rc4

*KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/KEYS

*Release verification guide:*
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Release+Verification+Guide

[ ] +1
[ ] 0
[ ] -1 (explain why)

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PPMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Vote] Release Apache Stratos 4.0.0 - RC4

Posted by Dinesh Bandara <di...@wso2.com>.
+1
Tested with ec2 and verified followings

   - Deploy partitions, deployment/autoscaling policies, cartridges (PHP,
   MySQL)
   - Subscribe/unsubscribe cartridges with default lb

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> This is the fourth release candidate of Apache Stratos 4.0.0.
>
> Please use the [Discuss] thread for anything but votes.
>
> This release fixes the following issues:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12326291&styleName=Html&projectId=12314521
>
> *** Please download, test and vote. Please refer the release verification
> guide for detailed information on verifying this release.
> The vote will run for 72 hours, until Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 3:30:00 PM IST
> which is Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 3:00:00 AM PDT. If required we will
> extend the completion date as discussed earlier.
>
> Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
> convenience.
>
> *Source & binary distribution files:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.0.0-rc4/
>
> *Maven staging repo:*
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestratos-1016/
>
> *The tag to be voted upon:*
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=commit;h=fcc90fceae1dcac55b37de09bf596572442a7795
>
> *Tree view of the tag:*
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=tree;h=refs/tags/4.0.0-rc4;hb=refs/tags/4.0.0-rc4
>
> *KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/KEYS
>
> *Release verification guide:*
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+Release+Verification+Guide
>

> [ ] +1
> [ ] 0
> [ ] -1 (explain why)
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Technical Lead, WSO2
> Committer & PPMC Member, Apache Stratos

--
*Dinesh Bandara*
Software Engineer

Re: [Vote] Release Apache Stratos 4.0.0 - RC4

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks for all who voted, as planned will close this vote now. I will send
the release mail shortly.

Thanks

Posted by Sajith Kariyawasam <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: [Vote] Release Apache Stratos 4.0.0 - RC4

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Manula Chathurika Thantriwatte <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Melan Nimesh <me...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 verified the packs in EC2.

--
Best Regards,
Nirmal

Nirmal Fernando.

Posted by Isuru Haththotuwa <is...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
+ 1 for the release.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Please find my +1 here with. I verified following:
- Source tag was verified in Git.
- Source package was verified with Pedantic test for license headers.
- Signatures and hash values of release packages were verified according to
the release verification guide.
- A complete flow test was done by setting up a fresh Stratos environment
using the dev stack script [1] and could not find any problems.

[1] https://github.com/imesh/stratos-dev-stack

Thanks

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

I tested the same as I did for RC3, no regressions found in RC4.

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: [Vote] Release Apache Stratos 4.0.0 - RC4

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Blog : http://lakmalsview.blogspot.com/