Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Warwick Burrows <wa...@e2open.com> on 2004/12/01 02:06:44 UTC

RE: version numbers

I don't know if you can change the version numbering. There is code in the
jdbc store adapters that seems to assume that revision numbers take a
certain format. I modified one usage of this in the DB2 store to make the
file revision branching work but am pretty certain the other jdbc stores
will have the same problem.

The way that the numbering is formatted now lets you branch your document
revisions eg. go from 1.2 to 1.2.1 for example. This can happen if two users
checkout the same document but checkin in a different order... or something
to that effect. Most version control systems that I've used where branching
is possible start at 1.0 and increment in the same way that Slide does.
Though I'm not sure if you can ever reach 2.0 :-)

Warwick