Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2001/10/24 22:11:45 UTC

Re: Personal Java un compatible method

Hi

The vector was introduced when I changed how the property names are
stored. Not in a Enumeration that can only be used once but to use an
array.

I'll change that Vector.add to Vector.addElement
that should work according to the spec of personal java 1.1.2
But can you first check if Vector.toArray is supported?
It is also a "new" method and is used in many places.

Can you tell me a little about what you are doing ?
Until now I never thought about supporting personal java but a
"personal" webdav client could be very usefull.
I would look at your website but my japanese is not that good ;-)

Dirk

Posted by Yoshiyuki Kumadaki <ku...@webjp.co.jp>.
Hi,

Thanks Dirk and Remy.

At 05:11 01/10/25, Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

>Hi
>
>The vector was introduced when I changed how the property names are
>stored. Not in a Enumeration that can only be used once but to use an
>array.
>
>I'll change that Vector.add to Vector.addElement
>that should work according to the spec of personal java 1.1.2

Vector.addElement worked.

>But can you first check if Vector.toArray is supported?
>It is also a "new" method and is used in many places.

Vector.toArray is not supported in Personal Java 1.2.
But there is an alternative method . Vector.copyInto(array[])

//        this.propertyNames = (PropertyName[])list.toArray(new
PropertyName[list.size()]);

        PropertyName[] prp2 = new PropertyName[list.size()];
        list.copyInto( prp2 );
        this.propertyNames = prp2 ;

>Can you tell me a little about what you are doing ?
>Until now I never thought about supporting personal java but a
>"personal" webdav client could be very usefull.

I am working with some company to develop WebDAV client application.
I don't know yet the target machine which will be WinCE or PDA or KEITAI.

>I would look at your website but my japanese is not that good ;-)

I am sorry for my local website.

--
Yoshiyuki Kumadaki

--